At the Huntercombe Group in Stocksbridge, S36 2QE, we are looking for an Activities Coordinator to play an instrumental role in the lives of individuals, supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions.
This is a full time role working 35 hours per week which will include some evening and weekend shifts. A full manual driving licence is essential as you will be required to drive company vehicles from time to time.
- Organise client centred activity programmes
- Organise external parties (entertainers, speakers etc.) to visit the residents in the centre
- Have a genuine interest in working with clients who have sustained a brain injury or other complex neurological conditions
- Liaise closely with care staff, relatives and the Multi-Disciplinary Team to arrange the most appropriate form of activity for each service user
- Encourage staff and relatives to participate in the activities programme where relevant
- Drive the company mini bus on outings when required.
You will be:
• Committed to a person-centred approach to recovery
• Able to work on own initiative
• An effective communicator with good written and verbal skills
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a max salary of £50k)
- 2 week’s paid paternity leave
- A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
Pay is £8.64 per hour