at Doncaster Airport. This position is Part Time 25Hrs Temporary until end of October 2019. This may be made permanent at the end of the contract for successful candidates. The position offers a rate of pay at £8.87/hr.
To provide the necessary under-wing ground support services to aircraft as required by our customer airlines. This includes (but not be limited) to the loading and unloading of baggage and cargo and mail, sorting and transporting baggage to and from the aircraft and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Load/unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Placement of chocks and cones around the aircraft
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include baggage tugs, baggage carts, aircraft steps, belt loaders, aircraft ground power units, tow bars, container loaders, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft de-icing units, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load live animals and dangerous goods on onto aircraft
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times
The list is not exhaustive and is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly define a starting point and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements. You must:
- Be flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Be able to speak and understand the English language
- Be able to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Be able to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Be willing to work in inclement weather
- Be able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
- Be able to work as part of a team in a challenging environment
- Hold a full driving licence
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- The ability to speak additional languages is desired