An operator who can setup and safely operate a CNC Press Brake to process/produce accurate folding of products is required in the S20 area of Sheffield.
Your Primary Responsibilities include:
- Setup tooling and operating the press brake safely to fold sheet metal components accurately to drawings provided. Generally, these are pre-programmed in to CNC.
- Verify accuracy of machine settings to confirm accurate tolerances and machine functions.
- Maintain accurate parts and motivation on routine repetitive jobs.
In process checks will be required by the operator to maintain all required tolerances and quality.
- Measuring fold angles and lengths with the appropriate tool. i.e. Vernier or square.
- Have an awareness of blank sizes, bend locations, appropriate tonnage and tooling for each part being formed.
General knowledge and skill requirements:
- Experience operating and programming Press Brakes.
- Organise work area before and after parts are processed, stacking completed parts properly on blocks or pallet to eliminate double handling and work efficiently.
- TruTops programming experience preferred.
A flexible schedule is required, as this position requires some shift work as well as occasional weekend work.
£9.70 per hour
Full Time – Hours of Work Mon-Thu 07:30-16:30 Fri 07:30-13:00.
If this role sounds ideal for you then please apply online today.