Search IT are currently looking for a SQL Developer on a permanent basis for a prestigious household name based in Barnsley.
Salary: £31,000 per annum
Skills/Requirements for the SQL Developer:
* Experience of developing within SQL Server
* Report writing skills in SSRS is highly desirable
* Ability to speak with both technical and non-technical colleagues, customers and suppliers at all levels.
* Have previous experience of the full development lifecycle
* Knowledge or experience of working within a Waterfall and/or Agile environment
* Possesses a broad and strong overall SQL Server skillset
* Reporting Services (SSRS) and Integration Services (SSIS) mastery
* Data Warehousing
o Understand Dimensional Modelling
o Ability to design and build OLAP Cubes
o Knowledge of SSAS
The SQL Developer will be responsible for:
* All aspects of the Service Transition element of the ITIL Lifecycle; Transition Planning & Support, Evaluation, Service Validation & Testing, Knowledge Management, Change Management, Release & Deployment Management and Service Asset & Configuration Management.
* Delivery of major change initiatives by employing Lean, best practice change methodologies, risk & issue management and resource planning for IT
* Developing and maintaining portfolio plans for all IT Change, including: prioritisation, resource, risk and issues
* Ensuring high quality systems developments are delivered in a consistent manner to the IT Service function
Please send an up-to-date copy of your CV to be considered for this position.