|Posting date:||09 April 2020|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive|
|Closing date:||09 May 2020|
|Location:||Sheffield, S10 3BR|
A great opportunity to join our passionate Patient Dining team on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting facilitating patients nutrition and hydration needs.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
The core hours of work will be Saturday & Sunday Fully Flexible 8 Hours per week.
Responsible for the patient meal service in the hospital this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas during meal times with main duties to include:
- Preparing of Breakfast, lunch & dinner meals and refreshments and deliver direct to patients
- Deliver menus and take orders from patients, giving help and advice where necessary on allergens and dietary requirements
- Offer a hot beverage round during each service
- Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for next service
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner
- Offering a great customer service by putting the patient first
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Must have a ‘Can do’ attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business
- Previous Catering experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress
This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer.